|Don't Know Which HDTV To Buy? Try Our HDTV Selector Tool|
Samsung LE40M86BD Review
- Introduction to Samsung LE40M86BD LCD TV (current page)
- LE40M86BD Specification: Contrast Ratio & Brightness
- Samsung LE40M86BD LCD TV Setup & Design
- Operation Of Samsung LE40M86BD: Menu & Remote
- Samsung LE40M86BD Benchmark Test & Calibration
- Samsung LE40M86BD Picture Quality: SD & HD
- Sound Quality On Samsung LE40M86BD LCD
- Samsung LE40M86BD Review: Final Conclusion
Things are looking up for Samsung?
Note: This HDTV has now been replaced. BuyDigitaltv lists the latest Samsung LCD TVs on sale in the UK currently.
A quick glance at the specification sheet of Samsung LE40M86BD would make most HDTV enthusiasts' hearts flutter: dynamic contrast ratio of 15,000:1, three HDMI 1.3 ports, xvYCC colour space, and ability to accept 1080p input across component, VGA and HDMI.
And an average online price of between £1000 to boot.
Still, a spec sheet's a spec sheet – in the past manufacturers have been known to inflate and manipulate the figures using non-standardised measurement methods as they see fit, rendering the numbers meaningless and hardly worth the paper they're printed on.
So while we are excited by the numbers quoted by Samsung, it is with some reservations that we approach this Samsung LE40M86BD review. After being underwhelmed by Samsung's previous attempt at a 1080p LCD TV (the LE40F71BX), we will see if the LE40M86BD puts in a better performance – especially in the picture quality department – this time around...