Samsung Electronics, the largest TV maker in the world, is holding demonstration roadshows in various cities and shopping malls across the United Kingdom throughout the month of November to promote its Smart TV technology.
The campaign is aptly named as the “Smart TV Tour”. By making its recent internet-enabled televisions (IETVs) available at the roadshows, Samsung hopes to demonstrate the prowess of its Internet@TV platform to the UK public who are interested in taking their HDTV viewing experience to the next interactive level.
The dates and venues for the “Smart TV Tour” demonstrations are as follows:
- 5th to 7th of November: Briggate in Leeds, and Westfield in London;
- 11th to 13th of November: Promenade in Bristol;
- 13th to 14th of November: Bluewater in London;
- 15th to 16th of November: Cabot Square in Canary Wharf, London;
- 18th to 20th of November: Grainger Street in Newcastle;
- 19th to 21st of November: The Centre: MK in Milton Keynes;
- 27th to 28th of November: Trafford Centre in Manchester.
Samsung’s Internet@TV service allows users to access selected online content (like Youtube, BBC iPlayer, Lovefilm, Twitter and Skype) directly on the company’s HDTV sets via broadband internet connection. The “Smart TV” concept delivers an even more interactive and customisable user experience: owners can download web widgets of their choice from the Samsung Apps marketplace onto their Samsung internet-capable HDTVs, allowing them to perform a myriad of activities on their television sets, such as play interactive games like QuizzMaster and Texas Hold’em, or social network through Facebook.
Samsung UK’s vice president of Consumer Electronics Andrew Griffith said that the company is extremely excited about the potential of Smart TV to transform the way information and entertainment are consumed in front of the television screen. This is why Samsung has organised a nationwide roadshow to give consumers the opportunity to experience the power and flexibility of Smart TV for themselves.